Sunday 28 February 2010

Lego and lost gloves

There are some people's projects that I think about doing almost every day- I am constantly listening for a line I think will be good for one of Greg's twitter plays and I have been planning my introduction for my 300 words about art since before I created this blog.

There are some things that I did before but now am more likely to, like complimenting people, taking opportunities to talk to strangers or being open to trying new things, and I don't really feel I need to blog about them. (Although doing one big new thing before next Wednesday is definitely something I want to achieve.)

Other projects require strategic planning, like taking a trip to Hamley's to play with Lego. I'm no Daniel Weir but I had fun.


I started off simple with some European flags.



Then I attempted something slightly more complex- a tree (and flower).


The little boy next to me put me to shame though. He was making some kind of epic spaceship and the second I stepped away from the table my tree was stripped for parts to be added to his craft.

Neither of us could quite compete with this though.




And then there are times where the opportunity for plagiarism just presents itself. Like today when walking along Regent's Street I spotted this lost and lonely glove. (For more and better photos of lost gloves I direct you to grant_me's flickr.)



With only 10 days left I'm hoping lots more of these kind of opportunities present themselves but I am also doing some planning to try and fit everything in that I want to do. Please let me know if you think there are any projects I really have to do before our 100 days are over.

1 comment:

  1. Dammit - I wish I'd known you were going to Hamley's. Our darling son is having a passionate love affair with a small stuffed giraffe, which we lovingly bought while I was pregnant from Hamley's. Of course it had to be the one thing he's become attached to, and the one thing I can't get a spare of in case he loses it. Because they don't stock it on the website and because we live in South Wales. If you go again, can I send you £8 and a photo of a giraffe for you to baffle a shop assistant with?

    Ta ;)

    ReplyDelete